Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Writing Elizabeth I Essays

First we start with a book.  It's an old time 1923 text from way back when.  I  LOVE  it because it lends itself so easily to outlining and writing.  It is out of print, but if you can get it, I highly recommend it and the remaining books in the series.


This essay became a 4 lesson project.  Three of those were for the reading, outlining, and writing drafts.  The last one was for proof reading and typing it up into a final.

With each sitting they would read a short chapter from the book.  Then they'd do the written work for it.

Outlines on the left, essay on the right, followed by a drawing.


Chloe { 12 }

Drafts:


Part One



Part Two


Part Three


Final:





Phebe { 10 }

Draft Work:

Part One


Part Two


Part Three


Final




Hannah { 8 }

Draft Work:

Part One



Part Two



Part Three


And just like that - she was ready for a Final Draft.
We just googled 'Elizabeth I coloring pages' and copy and pasted them into her file.


Thanks for visiting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.