Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Shark Lapbook


This week I was busy trying to work out how to make a lapbook.  Here's what I ended up with.

{ Sharks }

A cover page.


Vocabulary, passage, compare & contrast activity.


Compare and Contrast activity opened up.


The cloze activity to be done after reading the passage.  The pockets filled with mini books of KWL, Book Log, Shark Facts, and Flip Book - diet, predators, life cycle.


4 details writing.  Choose 4 details about sharks to write about or use the 4 details copywork cards instead.


Label the shark.  How could we do a project like this without any labeling?


The base of the lapbook, and placement of inserted pages.


The mini books for the pockets.


Inside the mini books.


I did leave a "little" room for other resources under the labeling activity that one might find on the internet, like real photos of sharks, but I did my best to fill the entire lapbook up - to make it a stand alone, save for the use of books that you'd read to learn more.

The project is designed to take about a week { 5 days } in a classroom situation.

I've popped it in my STORE for a bargain price of $3.00

Click HERE if you'd like to pop over and have a look.

Thanks so much for visiting,
Deborah



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.