Thursday, August 4, 2016

More Bread Details

Ingredients:
bread flour 600g, 1.5 tablespoon sugar, 1.5 tablespoon yeast, 400 mls water.

How to:
Ignite yeast with sugar and 200 ml of the tepid water allotment and 1 cup of the flour. I place these in a plastic bag for about 10 mins. Then I snip a corner off and pour out into mixing bowl. Add remaining water and flour. Mix until you have a nice dough ball.  Place dough ball in an oiled bowl.  Flip over - so that the dough ball has a little oil all over, so that when it rises and hits the plastic wrap on top it won't stick to it. Cover with loose plastic wrap and tea towel. Rise 40 mins, separate and roll out and put in oiled baking tins, rise again 40 mins - they will be at least double in size, place in oven at 190 degrees C. until golden brown.

This is what my dough looked like at the end of the FIRST rise.
The bowl was FULL and lifting over the top.


I took the dough out and rolled them up.
I also made this little video to show how I roll my dough.


What they looked like after the SECOND rise, just before I put them in the oven.



Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your bread recipe, I'm going to give it a try later. I used to bake bread all the time but kind of lost my mojo for it. Lol.
    I love your video!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.