Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Cooking & Kitchen Catchup

This week we got a new oven!!


It's a little bigger than the last one, but the main difference is that the door actually closes - so I think future baking will be better as a result. :o)


This morning I was back to bread experimenting but decided that I wasn't going to do all that mixing by hand, nope, so I pulled out the chef instead.


Here is a 15 second video of the 5 littles checking out the Chef while the bread dough is being mixed.


How the bread came out.  A complete success!!  Best home made bread I have ever done.


Just slipped out of the pan.


The extra buns we got as well.


They were a complete favourite with all the children including my 20 year old who came out and finished them all off.


I also attempted double fried crispy chicken too - and that was also a success.  Yes, it was a little bit of work in the kitchen this morning, but all good.  :o)


Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

  1. Notes to myself:

    To make the fried chicken - 1 cup corn flour, 1/2 cup plain flour.
    With the bread ignite the yeast in a bag - 1.5 tablespoon yeast; 1.5 tablespoon sugar; 400 mls of water total.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread looks so good & fluffy! Could you please post the ingredients & process? I also use a breadmaker for the dough then bake in the oven. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ingredients:
      bread flour 600g, 1.5 tablespoon sugar, 1.5 tablespoon yeast, 400 mls water.

      How to:
      Ignite yeast with sugar and 200 ml of the tepid water allotment and 1 cup of the flour. I place these in a plastic bag for about 10 mins. Then I snip a corner off and pour out into mixing bowl. Add remaining water and flour. Place dough ball in an oiled bowl. Cover with loose plastic wrap and tea towel. Rise 40 mins, separate and roll out and put in oiled baking tins, rise again 40 mins - they will be at least double in size, place in oven at 190 degrees C. until golden brown. Hope this helps. :o)

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, I will try that 👍

      Delete
  3. Your chicken looks yummy!! Aren't they all so cute sitting around the mixer. Mine love watching the mixer too!! Yay on the new oven. When we bought this house the oven door didn't shut, it was so annoying!! I was glad to see it go lol.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.