Thursday, April 7, 2016

Week 15

This week Hannah started Saxon 6/5.  Yep.  We've been following the Robinson Curriculum method of using Saxon for mastery and wow, can I just tell you how impressed I am with the results.  Amazing.  By the way, it's made amazing by the fact that Hannah is only 6 { although she will be 7 in a couple of weeks }.

These days she does a lesson a day.  She hasn't had to re-do any lessons yet { she scores too high - like in the 90's }.  Then in the afternoons for FUN and POCKET MONEY I let her do a few CTC Maths online lessons.  Yesterday alone set me back 50 cents - that's 5 lessons.When I first started paying them for the online lessons I thought 20 cents a lesson would be ok, but I had to drop it because of the amount of lessons they wanted to do.


Art by Hannah:


Art by Chloe:


Read, Trace, Outline, and write a small paragraph.

By Phebe


By Hannah


We're detouring from our usual scheduled Rod and Staff for a month or so with Rocks and Minerals.


Vocabulary Cards & Types of Rocks


Vocabulary - cred { believe }



This week I'll be linking up with:


I hope you will join us.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's wonderful Hannah is starting Saxon 65 at 6. Did you use Saxon 54 or jump straight into Saxon 65?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara,

      Yes, we used Saxon 5/4 first. Before that we did Rod and Staff 1, 2 and 3. She does a LOT of math. She also spent a fair amount of time doing multiplication / division flash cards.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.