Sunday, November 8, 2015

OOP Odhams Child's First Encyclopedia

For the last few MONTHS every time I went into a particular second hand store I would see these two out of print volumes from the Odhams Childs First Encyclopedia and I really, really, really wanted to buy them, BUT there was NO way I was going to pay $8 a piece, especially since it was missing half the set.

And then BAM, one day I happen to be in there again, and it just so happened it was a day they were doing childrens books for 20c each.  Yep.  So I ended up with these two for 20 cents EACH.  Can you hear my total happy old out of print book girl voice?


They are filled with all sorts of things.  Stories, countries, various topics.


Completely illustrated with beautiful colored pictures throughout.


Famous people.......




General knowledge..........





They are gorgeous books.  Really very lovely.  It's too bad that they didn't have the entire set, but never mind, two are still very, very good from where I am sitting.  Fantastic really.

* * * * * * *

Also, from a recent visit to our local Sunday markets I picked up a biography on Marie Curie - hard cover, but no dust jacket for a mere $1.50.


* * * * * * *

For notes:  It's official, we are currently on school holidays now until the end of December start of January.  I've still got the girls doing some online maths, reading, and a little writing as we go.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.