Friday, January 9, 2015

{ Week 3 }

This week we went shopping for our yearly consumables.  

Here's what $170 looks like:


Yeah, not much really, but enough to get us through the year, I should think.

* * * * *

Something that I've noticed is that Hannah likes to do a lot of doodling in her own free time.  This week I even managed to capture some of them:



* * * * *

One of the activities for this week was: 


If you'd like a free copy of this activity, just click on either picture to download from googledocs.


* * * * *
Hannah continues to work in her Grade 2 English workbook.


Here's page 88, but she's now up to page 91.


* * * * *

Chloe is the only one who actually started the Grade 3 book at the beginning of the year.  Phebe isn't too far behind, she just needs to finish Book 2 first.


* * * * *

We continued on with our spelling extras.


Here's Chloe's.  I can't show you Hannah's because she didn't do as well with it.  Never mind, she'll get a second go at it again next week.


One of the things that I've been getting the girlies to do with their spelling words is to write out their definitions, since one of the main things we want to do with them is to help build up some of their vocabulary.  This one is Hannah's.


Phebe whizzed through this little book.  I got the entire set from Dover.  I highly recommend them.


* * * * *

Chloe finished reading her Bible story book so I decided to dig this back out of the cupboard and let her have a go at it.  It has 3 weeks worth of work in it.  After that I'm not sure if she'll go back to some sort of Bible reading or on to the next book, we'll see how she fares first.


* * * * *

Finally, this week I managed to take some little video's of the girls.  This video was spontaneous, so we didn't have any time to pretty ourselves up.  I hope you enjoy the video.  Don't forget to let me know what you think.  I'm thinking of doing some videos on a regular basis.  :o)


This week I'll be joining up with:


 I hope you'll join us.

Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.