Monday, July 9, 2012

The Little Red Hen

A classic story is one that can stand the test of time.

The Little Red Hen.  A book that HAS stood the test of time, and become a favourite of many children.


 I love the illustrations in this particular version.  Never mind that they are talking animals, that they wear clothes, and do menial household jobs.  I am simply overlooking such things so that I can enjoy the beauty of the book itself.


 The simple and repetitious text makes it a highly desirable book for early readers.  My 5 year old has even poked her head in for a read.


 Do you know of any crafts / activities that would go well with this book?


Do you have any favourite Golden Books on your shelves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.