Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Time on School

Today I managed to get a rough outline of the amount of time that Chloe spent on school today.  Does that sound like a run on sentence?

Anyway - here's what I got:

She started school at 9am with maths and this took 1 hour and 15 mins.  It's long because she works slow, maths isn't her best subject, and she likes to get distracted.  We also had to go back and re-do a few sums because they were wrong and I wanted to rework them with her.  Then we jumped straight to Reading for another 1 hour.  Reading is long because of the bookwork that goes with the reader.  After this I let Chloe have a break.

Tally so far = 2 hours and 15 mins.

Resumed school at 3pm.  Doing English, Spelling and History to 4:20pm.


Then we finished off with Art to 4:45pm.


Tally at the end of the day was 4 hours for paper/bookwork.  Personally I think this is too long for a 7 year old.

Reading was separate - and I did that in the car when we were out at lunch.

Phebe also did a serious day of bookwork as well.  She's 5.

Like Chloe, Phebe also started at 9am.  She started with English / a MEP maths page / then Learning To Read.  She took her break at 10:30.

So she tallied in at 1 hour and 30 mins to begin with.

She resumed at 11:15 for 20 mins to do some more English ( an additional lesson ).

This brought her up to 1 hour and 50 mins.

At 3pm she went back to working on an additional Learn to Read lesson, then onto History, and then Art.

I think she might have had a break in there between the Learn to Read and the History.

Then finishing up at 4:45pm

That brought her up to 3 hours 35 mins.  Crazy for a 5 year old.

 Both girls did work on additional work, so that could account for the longer times for today.

Hannah, my Miss 3 also got to do a little work as well.  She did a color and paste activity for the letter /c/ and then played on Starfall.

I'd like to try this again on another day to see what we get, especially when they are not doing the additional catch up work.

Thanks for visiting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.