Monday, May 28, 2012

Oh Madeline, Oh Madeline....inside I'm tall.

I read this book in my best french accent.  Yes, I did.  That's half the fun of it, didn't you know.  :o)

Now, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to confess that I think that the illustrations in this book are lacking, poor, not worth looking at.  They certainly do NOT do justice to the buildings that they are sharing with the reader.  I might be a little spoilt these days.


Then we made an accordion book of all the places that are in the book.  You can get a copy of that HERE.  I LOVED that a book was a virtual look of real places.  That sort of makes up for the not so awesome illustrations.


Up close: Going on tour to the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, and the Opera.


 Notre Dame, The Place Vendome, Hotel Des Invalides.


 The Gardens at the Luxembourg, The Church of the Sacred Coeur, and The Louvre.


Then after that, we relaxed with a jigsaw.  It's only 35 pieces, so it was fun to do.  No stress, and that's important for a 7 year old.


Do you like Madeline?  Do you like the Madeline books?   Do you have any show and tell on Madeline?

Thanks for visiting.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.